Hot cocoa bombs are the delicious craze making a big splash this winter! They are fun to make, decorate and devour! Get creative with your cocoa. Tammy Pisani, owner of Slique Designs (Instagram @sliquedesigns), a chocolatier and event designer, takes us through, step-by-step, on how to make these indulgent delights filled with a sweet burst and a dreamy surprise.
- Chocolate melts (Slique Designs recommends Merckens Melting Wafers) in your chocolate flavor of choice and a colored melt (optional) for decorating
- Hot Cocoa Bomb Mold (silicone/acrylic) or large design Oreo Cookie Mold
- Mini Marshmallows
- Hot Cocoa (flavor of choice)
- Hot plate or mini coffee warmer (optional-you can also use a small plate warmed up in the microwave)
- Large Mouth Coffee Mug
- Cupcake pan
- Place chocolate melts in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds at 50% power and then 15 second increments, stirring each time until melted.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of melted chocolate into each mold. Cover the sides of the mold using the back of a metal spoon. Place the molds in the refrigerator to chill for approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove from the refrigerator and add another tablespoon to the sides of the mold, this will make them thick enough to fuse together without breaking. Place back in the refrigerator for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the refrigerator and carefully pop the chocolate half-spheres out of the molds. Place a half-sphere into a cupcake pan with the open side facing up.
- Fill the bomb 3/4 of the way with the hot cocoa and mini marshmallows.
- Take the other half of the chocolate sphere and heat edges with the warmer (hot plate or coffee warmer). Place on top of the filled sphere to seal the bomb. Wipe any excess chocolate from the sides.
- Drizzle the bomb with red or pink melted chocolate and decorate with festive sprinkles, candies or even cereal.
- Place the bomb in a large mouth coffee mug, add hot water or milk over the bomb and watch the magic happen!
- Stir and enjoy!
Get ready to get cozy and to fall in love!